The backflow of sewage into a property during a flood can be particularly distressing for homeowners. Main sewage systems can be protected using non-return valves whilst appliance outlet pipes can be fitted with backwater valves. The ‘automatic’ nature of these solutions make them a popular choice with homeowners.
160mm/110mm Non-Return Valve
The Flood Angel® 160mm/110mm Non-Return Valve is the UK’s only adaptable non-return valve that gives the benefit of passive protection due to the integral self-activating flap powered by the flood water.
Under normal operating conditions the Flood Angel® 160mm/110mm Non-Return Valve is fully open allowing solids to flow freely and unrestricted through the valve. In flood conditions when water surges back through the drainage system the gate is automatically deployed by the hydraulic pressure of the water. The gate is sealed against a neoprene gasket and this prevents backflow past the gate.
Inspection and maintenance is made easy with a fully rod-able system and a clear inspection lid. Sewage backflow can cause untold damage resulting in long term consequences and high clean up expenses. This can be prevented using this simple yet effective product.
- The only product to fit both 160mm & 110mm drainage
- Flexible collars included for adapting 160mm/110mm drainage
- Clear inspection cover
- Fully rod-able
- Low maintenance
- Quick to clear in the event of blockage
- Can be installed in main-drain or branch
- Normal always-open position allows unrestricted free flow
- 2 year manufacturer’s guarantee
Approved 50mm Backwater Valve
An anti-flooding device protecting interiors from flooding caused by backflow of sewage. Such risk exists most frequently in sanitary drain systems connected to combined and other sewage systems.
The 50mm backwater valve is an ideal anti-flooding device for protecting interiors from flooding caused by backflow of wastewater in all drainage-related systems such as washing basins, kitchen sinks, shower bases and dishwashing machines.
- The Backwater Valve is a passive flood protection solution
- Operates fully automatically, no external power supply needed
- Substitutes an inspection chamber, mounted at sewage system outlet from building
- Resistant to effects chemicals and to hot wastewaters
- Permits temporary blocking of wastewater flow (for overhaul works)
- Maintains full flow capacity of the sewage system
- Easy to operate and to maintain
- 2 year manufacturer’s guarantee
Approved Toilet Bung
This simple, inflatable device can be used to minimise sewage backflow through the toilet under flood conditions.
Designed as a general purpose pipe stopper, when fitted in a toilet U bend, this product has been proven to reduce the risk of sewage backflow significantly.
The bung is a strong rubber bag, attached to a hose with a Schrader valve on the end and it is supplied with a hand pump.
- Cost effective backflow protection
- Easy and quick to deploy
- 2 year manufacturer’s warranty applies
Approved Sumps & Pumps
The pump and sump system is designed to be located in a chamber below the ground floor. This can be adjacent to the property. The purpose of this system is to help prevent the ingress of ground water by pumping it outside of the protected zone of the property.
The benefit to this method of external installation removes excessive upheaval to the property owners and the subsequent costs caused by internal installation, which would otherwise require the joist to be cut out and supported. External installation allows easy access via a manhole cover, removing the need for large access space through an internal trapdoor and the associated disruption.
The Sump & Pump system is an essential element in a total home protection package.